MTV EMAs: Camila Cabello wins big

[img]https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/320/cpsprodpb/50F7/production/_104172702_gettyimages-1057363030.jpg" width="976" height="549">
Camila Cabello emerged as the big winner at the MTV Europe Music Awards.She took home four awards including best artist, best video and best song and best US act on Sunday.The 21-year-old thanked her fans in Spanish as the ceremony took place in the city of Bilbao. She said: "I love my fans so much. I know what it's like to be a fan. I know how special that bond is. I love you. I see you. Gracias."
Skip Twitter post by @Camila_Cabello
LOL[/img]
End of Twitter post by @Camila_Cabello
Here are some other noteworthy things that happened on the night.
Nicki Minaj and Little Mix performed together
Nicki Minaj descended from ceiling in a giant, black veiled cage amid fireworks for her performance before picking up the award for the best hip hop act. Little Mix then joined her on stage for the elaborate opening.
Skip Twitter post by @LittleMix
Girl power at its flippin’ finest! We came, we conquered ? @NICKIMINAJ you are a dream come true and we love you so much?Thank you @mtvema ?#WomanLikeMe is out now!!https://t.co/bpRKID5WX0
the girls x pic.twitter.com/2AwjOZiRJY— Little Mix (@LittleMix) November 4, 2018
End of Twitter post by @LittleMix
Skip Twitter post by @NICKIMINAJ
The girls gave me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers w|a card attached & I literally shed some thug tears once I got back to the hotel & read it. ?? So happy we worked together. They looked & performed BOMB tonight. @LittleMix #WomanLikeMe video out now #MTVEMA— QUEEN (@NICKIMINAJ) November 5, 2018
End of Twitter post by @NICKIMINAJ
Duo Jack & Jack we're also suspended from the roof in a glittering show.
Skip Twitter post by @mtvema
Who else wants to fly around like @JackAndJack at the #MTVEMA?! ?? pic.twitter.com/AZ3xUq8jDU— MTV EMA (@mtvema) November 5, 2018
End of Twitter post by @mtvema
BTS won for the best fans
K-Pop giants BTS took home an award for having the biggest fans.The seven member group beat Shawn Mendes, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and Camila Cabello.
Janet Jackson was honoured
Singer Janet Jackson received a Global Icon award.She also performed a medley of songs over her 40-year career with a mix of African drummers, flame torches, fire breathers, more than 20 dancers and an elevated stage surrounded by flames. She made a plea for "justice" for women who have had their voices silenced.She said: "I feel moved to speak for women's voices who have been stifled. I am one of those women, women who have been gagged, both literally and emotionally, women who have been abused, women who have been intimidated, women who have lived in fear."I stand with you. You are my sisters."
Skip Twitter post 2 by @mtvema
Living legend and #MTVEMA Global Icon @JanetJackson lit the stage on fire... literally & musically!! ?? pic.twitter.com/xOfnTiU3o6— MTV EMA (@mtvema) November 5, 2018
End of Twitter post 2 by @mtvema
Going in the bathroom
Panic! At The Disco also got an award for best alternative artists.Lead singer Brendon Urie was not so gracious in accepting his award, saying: "This is going in my bathroom."
Skip Twitter post by @PanicAtTheDisco
Ayeeee, what a night at the #MTVEMA! Got to scale down a building while performing High Hopes + you’re looking at the Best Alternative winner? thanks for voting ? pic.twitter.com/6YYm1K2cgn— Panic! At The Disco (@PanicAtTheDisco) November 4, 2018
End of Twitter post by @PanicAtTheDisco
Just a girl from Nigeria
Nigerian superstar Tiwa Savage walked away walked away with best Africa act. She said: "I'm just a girl from Nigeria living my dreams. I'm so thankful to everyone that's supported my journey so far, especially my fans. Thank you MTV!"
Lindsay Lohan and Ashlee Simpson also made appearances on stage at the event.The show celebrated its 25th edition this year. The MTV EMAs are held in a different European city each year, with winners selected by fans across the continent.Other winners included: Marshmello - best electronic act; Dua Lipa -best pop; Cardi B - best new artist; 5 SOS - best rock artist and Shawn Mendes - best live artist.Follow Newsbeat on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Listen to Newsbeat live at 12:45 and 17:45 every weekday on BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra - if you miss us you can listen back here.