Authorization

Russia may go for another offensive in Donbas despite holding FIFA World Cup, - Poltorak

Russia may go for another offensive in Donbas despite holding FIFA World Cup, - Poltorak

Ministry of Defense of Ukraine
The Kremlin may launch another offensive in Donbas, even though there's FIFA World Cup going on in Russia. Stepan Poltorak, Ukraine's defense minister said this in his commentary for 112 Ukraine TV channel.
'Russia may start an armed aggression against Ukraine regardless of holding the football World Cup games. The steps they previously made proved that Russia never refused from the aggressive politics against Ukraine, it still considers such behavior. Of course, it aims for causing Ukraine as much damage as possible. This is why we assess the situation carefully and get prepared for a wide range of scenarios', Poltorak said.
According to the minister, international partners, including the U.S., confirm their intentions to assist Ukraine in strengthening the defense capabilities.
Since Tuesday morning, pro-Kremlin mercenaries attacked Ukrainian positions in Donbas 32 times. Oleksandr Motuzyanyk, the spokesman of Ukraine's defense ministry said this at a briefing in Kyiv.
According to him, one Ukrainian soldier deceased in combat over the mentioned period; another two soldiers sustained injuries, their lives are beyond danger.
In Luhansk region, the enemy fired 120 mm mortars; 22 mines hit Novotoshkivske. 82 mm mortar attacks were observed near Krymske and Luhanske. In Troitske, Zaitsevo, Zolote and Stanytsia Luhanska, the enemy opened fire from small arms, heavy machineguns and RPGs. 
See also:
Leave a comment
News
  • Latest
  • Read
  • Commented
Calendar Content
«    Июнь 2018    »
ПнВтСрЧтПтСбВс
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930