Authorization

The US Coast Guard has called off its search for a Carnival cruise worker who went overboard

The US Coast Guard has called off its search for a Carnival cruise worker who went overboard
J Pat Carter/Associated Press



The US Coast Guard has called off its search for a Carnival Cruise Line employee who went overboard last week.




The search lasted more than 45 hours and spanned around 2,600 square miles, the Coast Guard said in a press release.




The 37-year-old male employee, a crew member on the Carnival Victory, went overboard on July 4, 30 miles northwest of Cuba as the Victory was heading back to Miami, the Miami Herald reported.




The Victory was on the final leg of a four-day cruise that began on July 1, a Carnival representative said last week.




Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.



The US Coast Guard has called off its search for a Carnival Cruise Line employee who went overboard last week.
"We've been in contact with the crew member's family throughout our search efforts and know this is a very difficult time for them," Michael Mullen, the search-and-rescue mission coordinator at Coast Guard 7th District, said in a press release. "Suspending a search is one of the most difficult decisions we have to make as first responders, and it is never made lightly."
The search lasted more than 45 hours and spanned around 2,600 square miles, according to the Coast Guard.
See also:
Leave a comment
News
  • Latest
  • Read
  • Commented
Calendar Content
«    Август 2020    »
ПнВтСрЧтПтСбВс
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31