Authorization

Another search for MH370 still possible

Another search for MH370 still possibleAustralian authorities said on Wednesday they were not ruling out a future underwater search for a missing Malaysia Airlines passenger jet as families of those on board criticised the decision to suspend the search after three fruitless years.

"I don't rule out a future underwater search by any stretch," Australian Transport Minister Darren Chester told reporters in Melbourne, a day after Australia, Malaysia and China called off the search in the southern Indian Ocean.

The search cost about A$200 million ($150 million), mostly paid by Malaysia, and had already been extended twice.

The three countries involved have been reluctant to keep looking without new evidence about the plane's final resting place.

Investigators issued last month a recommendation to look to the north of the 120,000 sq km (46,000 sq mile) area that has been the focus of search efforts although Australia and Malaysia rejected it pointing it was too imprecise.
See also:
Leave a comment
News
  • Latest
  • Read
  • Commented
Calendar Content
«    Декабрь 2018    »
ПнВтСрЧтПтСбВс
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31