Katy Perry ends Taylor Swift feud with actual olive branch

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/320/cpsprodpb/1768/production/_101229950_katy-taylor.jpg" width="976" height="549">
Katy Perry has sent Taylor Swift an actual olive branch, seemingly ending the beef between the two megastars. Swifty, who is about to start her Reputation tour, shared a video of the package she received from Katy - which appeared to include a note with the words "miscommunications" and "deeply sorry" written on it.The olive branch is a symbol of peace.The pair reportedly fell out in a row over backing dancers, before writing songs about each other.Taylor's Bad Blood is thought to be about Katy, while Swish Swish is said to be about Taylor.
Skip Twitter post by @TSwiftPR
Katy Perry sent Taylor an olive branch for the opening night of the reputation Stadium Tour! pic.twitter.com/6GDamcxezI— Taylor Swift Updates (@TSwiftPR) May 8, 2018
End of Twitter post by @TSwiftPR
Taylor's Instagram story shows a package containing an olive branch and a written note that opens: "Hey old friend"."I just got to my dressing room and found this actual olive branch," Taylor said in the video."This means so much to me."Trying to figure out exactly what the note says is a bit of a tougher job though, as fans noted.
Skip Twitter post by @frankpallotta
Me trying to read the letter that Katy Perry sent Taylor Swift. pic.twitter.com/hODIzKcMyj— Frank Pallotta (@frankpallotta) May 8, 2018
End of Twitter post by @frankpallotta
Katy and Taylor were said to have been friends before their feud
The two haven't been friends since at least 2014, when rumours emerged before the release of Taylor Swift's hit Bad Blood.Taylor talked about falling out with a high-profile star in a Rolling Stone interview at the time, saying the person did something "so horrible" that made them "straight-up enemies." She got more specific: "She basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour. She tried to hire a bunch of people out from under me."Straight after that article, Katy posted a cryptic tweet about Regina George - the villain of the 2004 comedy Mean Girls."Watch out for the Regina George in sheep's clothing," she tweeted.
Skip Twitter post by @katyperry
Watch out for the Regina George in sheep's clothing...— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) September 9, 2014
Katy spoke about the tension between the two stars in a Carpool Karaoke interview with James Corden. "She started it, and it's time for her to finish it," Katy said.
Skip Twitter post by @JKCorden
Here's our @katyperry #CarpoolKaraoke that aired last night. https://t.co/5JzWBZnJTd— James Corden (@JKCorden) May 23, 2017
End of Twitter post by @JKCorden
Katy then apologised to Taylor during a 24-hour YouTube live stream ahead of her album Witness being released last year."I'm ready to let it go," she said in an interview. "Absolutely, 100%. I forgive her, and I'm sorry for anything I ever did, and I hope the same from her, and I think it's actually - I think it's time."
Skip Twitter post by @PopCrave
Katy Perry on Taylor Swift: "I forgive her, and I'm sorry for anything I did. I love her & I want the best for her." pic.twitter.com/KSRHO9TtC0— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) June 11, 2017
End of Twitter post by @PopCrave
And after what finally looks like a mended friendship, fans celebrated with some tongue-in-cheek tweets.
Skip Twitter post by @mijacabello97
First North and South Korea, now Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, we're one step closer to world peace— H. (@mijacabello97) May 8, 2018
End of Twitter post by @mijacabello97
Skip Twitter post by @kalenminaj
nicki minaj and cardi b are bffs at the met gala, and now katy perry sent taylor swift olive brances and a letter. is world war 3 finally over? pic.twitter.com/yWaUGIN8jT— ? (@kalenminaj) May 8, 2018
End of Twitter post by @kalenminaj
Follow Newsbeat on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Listen to Newsbeat live at 12:45 and 17:45 every weekday on BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra - if you miss us you can listen back here.
Taylor Swift